Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reflection On Tiwi

The trip was amazing! I loved everything about it and it truly was an amazing experience and I really did enjoy it. The culture change wasn't that big of a difference but it was different to what we were used to. It wasn't actually what I thought it would be, I had imagined it differently.

Some of the major differences were that they caught fish with spears regularly and they didn't wear shoes most of the time. And also there was wild horses that lived on the island and they couldn't keep them as pets!

My favourite part of the trip was probably when we went camping. I learnt lots of different things and we had a great time when they were showing us their dances on the beach. I made friends with most of the girls, they were very welcoming and friendly. Also, when we walked to the shop, people always said hello and they were very friendly.

But it was just as amazing! I had thought that some things would give me a shock in their culture but there wasn't anything that gave me a huge shock. Except when we saw the dogs, that was a bit of a shock because some of them weren't in a very good condition but I suppose that is just their culture and they don't have a vet on the island.

The biggest part of the trip was just the shock of actually meeting the kids and Jane! We had been talking to them for so long on Skype but we actually got to meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment